About Biochemistry in Primeasia University
Biochemistry, the study of the chemistry of living things is actually a dynamic, exciting science that acts as bridge between biology and chemistry; it is fundamental to all biological processes and is practiced in a wide range of biological fields. It has a diverse field as follows:
- Teaching, research and consultancy services in the areas of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnology and related disciplines.
- Graduate biochemists can get prestigious/desired scholarships for higher education in abroad like Japan, USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Malaysia and many other countries.
- Globally, Biochemists have tremendous career opportunities in advanced biomedical and biotechnological disciplines including DNA technology, stem cell therapies, genetic, cell or protein engineering, or cloning.
- Agricultural and pharmaceutical industries hire biochemists to discover, develop, test, evaluate and market products that improve food production or that assure human or animal health.
- Biochemists are recruited in Biotechnology discovery firms to develop newer antibiotics, vaccines, and recombinant DNA products.
- Jobs are offered by government and private hospitals engaged in research activities related to various diseases and disorders like AIDS, cancer, mental disorders etc.
- The pharmaceutical industries where genetically engineered drugs are developed and manufactured also look forward to employing biochemists.
- Biochemists carry out diagnostic tests and investigations for finding out causes of diseases such as tuberculosis, cancer, diabetes, mental disorders, epilepsy, to name a few.
- Food and drink companies and food regulation and safety agencies employ biochemists.
- Biochemists have job opportunities in environment or agriculture. They develop pest resistance or drought-resistance in crops, new seed products or improve yields of agricultural products and controlling environmental pollutants
- Biochemists have research opportunity to understand the genetic basis of many different inherited diseases as well as advanced our understanding of the genomes of a wide range of organisms from viruses and bacteria to trees and humans.
- Biochemists are employed in the health care industries such as hospitals, diagnostic centers as they are using more and more biochemical products such as, hormones, blood factors, thrombolytic agents, vaccines, and monoclonal antibodies.
- An integral area of advanced biochemistry is called bioinformatics which is being used in numerous fields including, molecular medicine, gene therapy, drug development, microbial genome applications, waste cleanup, climate change studies, alternative energy sources, antibiotic resistance, forensic analysis of microbes, bio-weapon creation, and in evolutionary studies.
- Biochemists are required in forensic DNA lab to investigate crime scene evidence by using various sophisticated molecular technique like DNA fingerprinting.
Biochemistry is a highly demandable subject. Our students get job into job market much earlier since the degree is awarded in 4 years (Cost effective). Courses are taught in English by internationally renowned faculty members.
Biochemists have career opportunities in diverse fields and industries worldwide including: biotechnology, foods and beverage, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, nutrition, health, medicine, agriculture, environment, and in diagnostic laboratories. In Bangladesh, several Research institutes/Organizations recruit Biochemists; Such as BIRDEM, ICDRB, BCSIR, to name a few.
Only Private University in Bangladesh with ongoing 4 years B. SC. (Honors) Program in Biochemistry comprising following special features:
- International standard education
- High quality labs; Modern Classrooms.
- Friday and evening shift classes.
- Internship in high quality industries.
- Collaboration with Foreign universities.
- Senior Faculty Members with lots of Academic experiences from overseas Universities